I’m joining the Hush-Hush Handspun Hootenanny, so i’m going to answer their questionnaire on my blog here! just incase you don’t know what it is, it’s a secret swap between hand spinners, and i can’t wait!!! i will spin some yarn to swap, and i will also give some fiber to a lucky swappee. then the person who has me will send me the same thing. all the while, we contact eachother ninja style! anyway, here’s my questionnaire. i figured it’d be a way to get more people to join, and share a little more about me! :)
1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself? i’ve been spinning for 6 months, and i’d say i’m an advanced beginner…
2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)? all of the above!
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)? i have a single treadle lendrum that i spin with…although, i’m lusting over a new wheel…
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don’t like? i haven’t found one i DON’T like yet. favorite right now? rambouillet….mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
5. Who are your favorite
crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)? so far i’ve had luck with spunky eclectic, butterfly girl designs, spinningbunny.com, and esther’s place. i also dye my own fiber.
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try? i’m game for anything! the world is my proverbial oyster! although, i’m hoping to try processing my own fleece soon!
7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn? ohhh so many things….cable sock yarn, how to navajo ply well, and the long draw technique.
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn? yup!!!
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber? i don’t have any fiber prep tools, but would like to use them. i might try to get some hand carders soon, anything that isn’t prepped would be a great excuse to buy them!
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed? i’ve knit some, some i have skeined up and i look at them. i’m finishing up a shrug, knit my son a hat, and am starting a handspun shawl for my aunt.
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)? i’d love one of those WPI cards with the pictures of the yarn thickness, but i have a wrap around one that works well. and cards or a flicker would be great, and used is totally fine!
12. What colors “fall into your shopping basket”? Any colors you just can’t stand? i’m open to anything! i do love me some jewel tones. blues, greens, and deep reds
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now? right now i have some rambouillet which i will ply with some of my spunky eclectic club corriedale in “roses”
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have? i knit, i crochet, i garden and i bake. i love them all!!!
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about? being a mommy!
16. Do you have an online wishlist? nope, but i can get one!
17. Is there anything that you collect? i’ve actually just started collection old tea cups and saucers. i want to get a set of them in all different patterns and styles. oh, and i need a sugar and cream service! you can get them from goodwill, resales, garage sales, thrift stores, grandma’s attic, your attic, anywhere! as long as they are pretty, i’ll give them a good home! :)
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have? a fine fleece and color in spinning. as for magazines, right now spin off is it.
19. When is your birthday? December 17th
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality? uhhhh…..i have no clue! hahaha
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)? humid and hot!!!
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself! i like to eat my colored candies in order. i make sure there is an even number of each color, arrange them in rainbow order, and then i gradually go through eating them one color at a time. don’t laugh…you asked for weird!
favorite painting/picture(link): Starry Night
Candy: Frango Mint Chocolate
Food: French Toast
Drink: when it’s cold out? Mint Hot Chocolate (aka christmas in a cup!), when it’s hot? rootbeer floats
Movie(s): Lord of the Rings (all of them), Pirates of the Caribbean, Princess Bride, and Amelie
TV Show(s): The Office (British version) and Scrubs
Book(s): Mystery novels
Guilty Pleasure(s): being a total silly dork…i’m supposed to be an adult, i’m supposed to be mature, i’m supposed to be a mother, i’m supposed to be a roll model for my child, but that hasn’t stopped me from being silly!